Sheila Sadighi is a founder and the Managing Partner of Rolnick Kramer Sadighi LLP. Sheila represents a select set of investment fund and private equity clients for whom she designs and executes on litigation, trial, and appellate strategies on both the plaintiff and defense side. She invests her time and attention to understand her clients in a way that allows her to anticipate their needs and deliver bespoke solutions to drive recoveries, returns, and business and industry results beyond any single case. Sheila’s clients trust and value her judgment, as well as her expertise and willingness to commit to creative and aggressive strategies to produce results.
Sheila founded Rolnick Kramer Sadighi LLP with her partners to offer her clients a firm with properly aligned economic incentives, dedicated to delivering the highest level of client service and results. With the dynamic flexibility of a litigation boutique as her platform, she is able to focus on the work she loves to do for the clients she enjoys.
Sheila’s practice includes the representation of institutional investors in litigation contexts across asset classes, with a particular focus on protecting her debtholder clients’ positions and rights under credit agreements, indentures and structured finance entities; advising her lender clients in connection with restructuring matters; representing equity and derivative holders in connection with federal and state securities law litigations; and representing her clients in M&A related, business valuation, and other strategic complex commercial matters.
Current Representative Matters:
- Representing Trustee in Trust for the benefit of holders of Commercial Mortgage Pass-Through Certificates in connection with actions to enforce repayment of $846 million mortgage loan.
- Representing investment fund clients in federal securities fraud actions against Bausch Health, f/k/a Valeant Pharmaceuticals.
- Representing investment fund clients in connection with first lien and bond positions in multiple Borrowers.
- Representing private equity client in defense of purported federal securities law claims relating to the redemption of profits interests.
- Representing private equity client in appeal before the New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division – Fourth Department seeking to affirm dismissal of fraudulent conveyance, unlawful redemption and other common law and New York and Delaware statutory claims relating to corporate stock repurchases.
Concluded Representative Matters:
- Successfully represented first lien lender group in connection with litigation relating to violation of MAC covenant in credit agreement.
- Successfully represented first lien lender investment fund clients in connection with fraud claims relating to priming transaction.
- Advised first lien lender investment fund clients and coordinated with counsel to ad hoc group in connection with note exchange and overall restructuring.
- Successfully represented ad hoc group of noteholders in connection with litigation relating to violations of indenture and intercreditor agreement.
- Successfully represented certificateholder in CMBS trust in action against special servicer related to improper retention of loan proceeds under governing Pooling and Servicing Agreement.
- Successfully represented investment fund clients in connection with federal securities law actions against Vereit, f/k/a American Realty Capital Properties.
Representative Appellate Matters:
- Successfully represented private equity client in argument before the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit to affirm dismissal of claims by former stockholders for alleged breaches of fiduciary duties relating to sale of portfolio company.
- Successfully represented investment fund client in argument before the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit to reverse dismissal of federal securities law claims.
- Successfully represented private equity client portfolio company in argument before the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit to affirm dismissal of purported federal securities fraud claims related to valuation of profits interests.
- Successfully represented private equity client in argument before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit to affirm dismissal of purported civil RICO class action.
Numerous media organizations have covered the formation of Rolnick Kramer Sadighi LLP, a “premier securities litigation boutique dedicated to serving the investment management industry, including hedge funds, mutual funds, private equity, credit, real estate and structured finance firms.” Other outlets covering the formation include: Law.com; NJBiz; Bloomberg.com; and AlternativesWatch.com.