Matt has over 14 years of experience working on a variety of complex litigation matters, with particular emphasis on securities, derivative, and other shareholder actions.
- Global energy company in 30+ securities and shareholder actions in state and federal court (including numerous motion and appeal victories);
- Mexican airline in Securities Act class action challenging revenue recognition (motion to dismiss granted; no appeal taken);
- Global financial institution in Securities Act class action focused on credit-market exposures (summary judgment granted; affirmed on appeal);
- Leading financial institution in federal and state shareholder derivative actions challenging executive and director compensation;
- Global auto manufacturer in emissions-related RICO and securities class actions;
- Mexican congolomerate in shareholder derivative actions in the Delaware Court of Chancery;
- Numerous non-U.S. companies in shareholder derivative actions in state court.