Brandon is a securities and business litigator with a commercial focus and pragmatic approach. Committed to maximizing investors’ returns through securities and debtholder litigation, Brandon adds significant value for institutional and professional investor clients with keen analysis and creative solutions to complex problems.
Early in his career, Brandon served as a law clerk to the Honorable Stanley Chesler of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. Prior to his career in law, he was a stage manager and assistant director with World Wrestling Entertainment and part of the team responsible for WWE’s live weekly programming.
Brandon happily contributes to a number of important causes through pro bono work on behalf of immigrant families escaping persecution, as well as his support of charities focused on animal welfare and the environment, including The National Forest Foundation and The American Chestnut Foundation.
- Representing investors including GMO, Prudential, Incline Global, and Brahman Capital in ongoing securities litigation against the “Pharmaceutical Enron,” Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (now Bausch Health Companies Inc.).
- Representing HealthCor Management in securities claims against Mallinckrodt plc currently pending in Washington, DC.
- Representing Highfields Capital Management in securities litigation against SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. related to the documentary “Blackfish.”
- Representing Special Situations Funds as the lead plaintiff in a securities fraud class action on behalf of investors in Chembio Diagnostics, relating to disclosures about the efficacy of Chembio’s rapid COVID-19 test.
- Representing a private equity firm in litigation related to its investment in a specialty pharmaceutical company. Recently obtained affirmance from the New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division of an order granting partial summary judgment in favor of our client.
- Previously defeated motions to dismiss securities fraud cases brought by investment funds who opted out of class action filed against one of the nation’s largest non-bank mortgage servicers. In one opt out, on behalf of Pennant Management, went on to defeat the defendants’ motion for summary judgment and litigated the claim to the brink of trial, at which point the defendant agreed to pay a substantial premium to settle the claim.
- Obtained substantial eight-figure settlement on behalf of multiple investment funds in direct “opt out” actions against real estate company VEREIT (formerly ARCP).
- Obtained outsized class settlements on behalf of investors in Cliffs Natural Resources and Trinity Industries.
Numerous media organizations have covered the formation of Rolnick Kramer Sadighi LLP, a “premier securities litigation boutique dedicated to serving the investment management industry, including hedge funds, mutual funds, private equity, credit, real estate and structured finance firms.” Other outlets covering the formation include: Law.com; NJBiz; Bloomberg.com; and AlternativesWatch.com.